Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Update ...

Ok so I'm a slacker in blog land. Shoot me. I just haven't felt up to it. It all began with the kitchen renovation ... (I still need to take pictures of the finished kitchen). Everything has been haywire since.

Maizey has had some regression with her potty training. She was fully trained in December last year except for a few accidents at night while sleeping, then right at the time the renovation (May) started, she began peeing her pants... All the time! She still continues to have regular accidents. We did have her checked by the doctor and she had high levels of protein in her urine, so we were sent for ultrasounds. They came back completely normal. It's weird. She is just refusing to use the potty a lot of the time. We can clearly tell when she needs to go, and she holds it for as long as possible then just pees herself. Not every time, not every day. She has good days and bad days. It's so frustrating.

My mom has been staying with us for a week now because she has pneumonia. She lives in a multi level home with no air conditioning so it's much better for her to just stay with us. The doctor wants her to go for a CT scan because the lung X-Ray at the hospital shows something that they couldn't tell what it was so they want a better image. I'm terrified it's lung cancer. My mom was a smoker for all of her adult life, and she quit the September before Maizey was born.

We haven't been up to much this summer. We were hoping to have money left in our budget to buy a trailer... Ya that didn't happen. Not even close. So we'll keep the dream and move on. I'm a little bummed about how cool and wet this summer has been. We got our yard all stay-cation ready but haven't had much time to use it.

I'm all mixed up these days too. We haven't tried ttc in the past two months because my donor was away and had just returned at go time last month so I didn't want to pressure him. I really want to be ok with just Maizey and give up trying, but something keeps pulling me to keep trying. We are considering going back to Maizey's dad. It will be difficult because he has moved to Toronto for school for the next 2.5 years. Something in me is saying to just throw away the opk and just go with my instinct. Not be so paranoid, and scheduled.

My thoughts are scrambled up too. I keep having these moments of clarity and fog. Some days the easiest of tasks seems so complicated, daunting and I just don't know where to start, and other days everything seems just so clear and easy.

Work has been difficult as well. It's completely stressing me out these days. We've had a couple changes with the individuals we support, and now the dynamic of the house is mentally exhausting. Emotionally draining. It's hard.

My old cell phone conked out so I lost a lot of my pictures. I'm a little bummed out about that. I need someone to teach me iCloud.

A couple more weeks until vacation again. Usually I have something planned. Right now I'm contemplating either camping at one of our favourite provincial parks, staying a few nights in an Ottawa hotel and visiting my best friend or just staying home and using the time and money on re-doing our bedroom. I totally need a king sized bed ;).















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sorry the TTC thing has been on hold. The process is so difficult. I don't know if you could scale back on the OPK maybe it would help? Or fewer inseminations each time? I hope things work out soon for you now that the renovation is done, etc.

A camper would be nice. We've wanted one too but it's a lot of money and like you, we've had to put it into the house.

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear things have been hard lately. Sounds like you've got a lot of difficult things happening at once. :( I hope your mom is okay.

Erik was very hard to toilet train. We ended up doing this thing I read about online. We went to the dollar store and bought about 30 different little toys/books/candy etc. and wrapped them up and put them in a bowl in the bathroom. We didn't say anything, just waited for him to ask what they were and then we said very calmly, making no big deal about it, "Oh, those are your potty presents. You'll get one every time you use the potty." He of course was immediately interested and it did the trick to get him past the hard part. The idea is that the gifts are wrapped so they're curious to know what's inside and more motivated to find out, and that by the time 30 presents are gone, they should be in a good habit of using the potty. He still had some accidents sometimes after that, but only when he wasn't at home with us (he was nervous to use the bathroom at daycare and school by himself for a while.) But I do think the presents were the turning point. I know it seems a bit extreme but it was what he needed. We'd tried everything else.

The other thing I would say is try not to be stressed or frustrated about it because they pick up on that. (We were very stressed about Erik having to go to school when he was only three and we were so worried about him being trained. I do think our stress showed and he picked up on it and it held him back.) With Ian, we were much more laid back and he basically trained himself. We didn't even have to give him rewards at all.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you in case it might be something you want to try.