Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was nice this year! It was really our first Christmas as a family. Sure last year we were a family, but things were so haywire last year- it didn't really feel like Christmas. This year we got up on Christmas morning and opened gifts, my mom came over and we had coffee and cinnamon buns. It was nice. The only thing that could have made it any better would have been some snow and maybe an actual fireplace with a fire burning. It felt like Christmas for the first time in a long time. I can't wait until Maizey can understand it and get excited about stuff!
You won't even believe what I got for Christmas this year!
-- a trip to Jamaica! All inclusive 4 star resort with my best friend Darla. Angela arranged it for me, took the week off work to watch Maiz and everything! I'm a little mixed about how I feel about it. I will miss them greatly while I'm away, and am affraid Maiz will forget me while I'm gone or be mad at me when I come back•
I'm going at the end of January.

Maiz is becoming so independent. Just tonight when I was putting her to bed with the usual snuggle and rocking routine, she just pointed at her bed. I put her in and she rolled over and cuddled her pinky (pink blanket with a stuffed bunny head attached) and I haven't heard a peep since. She didn't even want the bottle.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamaica! Wow! have so much fun - thing of all the awesome stories you'll have to tell her about!