Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camping!



I don't know if I mentioned already that we have finally decided to go camping next week. Angela has the week of June 26 to July 2 off. We were up in the air about going because we had no one to watch our doggies. Angela's dad usually watches them but he's in Portugal until July 7. My good friend has agreed to come and stay with the dogs while we are away, so we will be going to Sandbanks Provincial Park. I have been there once on a day trip to the beach, while visiting my best friend in Kingston when she went to school there. I have always wanted to camp there, but it is hard to find an available camp site, unless you want to log onto the Provincial Park web page at 7am so many months before you want to camp. Well, we never know for sure what weeks Angela will get off that far in advance. We were going to go to Killbear because it is a beautiful park too, but I found some available sites at Sandbanks, and decided to do that one this summer. We will be going with Angela's sister and brother-in-law and their kids. My best buddy Joanna will be joining us too with her son for a couple days. I am really excited.
There are a couple things though that I am unsure about. I have never been camping with Maizey, and am a little nervous about that. I am sure it will be fine though. I just have to figure out where she will sleep. I don't know if her pack and play will fit into the tent along with our double high queen air mattress. I am also nervous about the mosquito's. The don't really bite me that often, they just bug, but again, this is all new with Maizey. I suppose we'll just pack some infant antihistamine just in case she has a reaction to it. One other thing is heating the bottle at night for her. I think what we'll end up doing is just boiling water before we go to bed at night and then put it in a Thermos, and hope that it is warm enough when she wakes to have a drink. She's been sleeping well through the night these days again, and only waking in the early morning to eat.
One thing I am going to try to do is get my pictures off of the camera faster so that I can put more on here, also, I have to get use to taking the camera everywhere and actually using it.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Will she not drink room temperature bottles? We never warmed them for our kids.

Moquitos can be a pain. I would take some Bendadryl--my brother had a reaction as a kid. She'll probably be fine.

If there's no room for her pack and play maybe you can just sleep her in your bed with you? It gets cold at night and I found Riley slept horribly when she was little in a tent. It'll be warmer and cozier with you. Might not be the best sleep for you though. :P

Sandbanks is beautiful. I camped there once.

Teaberry said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous!!

The skeeters LOVE Lucas-- have you tried Avon Skin-so-Soft? That seems to work well.