Thursday, January 21, 2010

Feeling Good.

I have changed a few things that I do in life, and as a result I think I am actually feeling great! It's amazing.
I thought that I would approach this month with a healthy outlook. I have officially been a week without any (added/processed) sugars, and I have started eating better balanced meals more regularly throughout the day. I introduced a vitamin D supplement (1000 iu a day). Also the only "fast food" I have had since my last post is "Sub Way". That is a great accomplishment for me. I did have some popcorn at the movies on Tuesday, but not the whole bag like usual, and also I decided to not eat the "free" kit*kat chocolate bar.
I just feel like I have more energy, I am sleeping better already, and feel like I am in a generally better mood all around. I just feel so positive.
It's nice.
I don't know why I was afraid of this change before. It really isn't that hard. I added an app for weight loss/calorie counting to my new I*phone, and it really is helping. I guess it makes me accountable for what I am eating. Something to blame if I don't lose weight... Something to be proud of if I do.
I believe I have set a healthy goal (1 to 1.5 lbs loss a week), and this app makes it easy to stay within my calorie allotment to support that goal.
now like anything, I suspect that this excitement is probably powered by the early novelty of something new, and will wear off, but At this point, I am doing better than I have in the past.
I just feel good. I wanted to share it.
I am going to have a Reiki treatment before my next scheduled ovulation, so that should help with my energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!