Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF

Finally Friday! This week has felt particularly long. I don't know why. I haven't had to work more than 3 days in a row without a day off in between. Maybe I have just been looking forward to this weekend.
Some friends and I are going out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate my 32 birthday. My birthday isn't actually until Wednesday next week, but weekends are always better for celebrating. Besides, I have to work on Wednesday afternoon next week.
So, tomorrow is week 10. I'm telling you, time is going by slowly, but at the same time, it is quickly I guess. There are a bunch of things Angela and I wanted to get accomplished before we go away in may (weekend after Victoria Day weekend, to a friend's cottage), but none of it is getting done. For example, we really wanted to have our new vehicle by then. My car's (2005 Pontiac Vibe) lease is coming to an end this summer, so we were looking at getting a Pontiac Montana (I have to buy GM, I come from a big GM family) I use to make fun of people who had a van for just one child, but I figure if we ever go anywhere with a baby and two dogs, we will need the space, so it just makes more sense to us. Well we've been casually looking at vans but haven't decided on anything yet. We aren't sure what to do really. We wanted to buy used, because the payment would be lower than if we got a new car, but currently it seems, the two 2007 models we are looking at cost around $13 000.00, but there is a promotion on right now for brand new 2009 model for about $15 500.00. Plus it comes with free stuff.. like onstar and satellite radio.
Yesterday we saw a 2005 Model (2005 is as old as we would go) for $9000.00. I am thinking we might look at that one because the payments on that would be soooo much less. We are wanting to have low payments, just because we are unsure of how we are going to deal with the cut in income during mat leave. My company gives a top up for a certain amount of weeks, but not for the whole time, so we will be having to live on a significantly lower income. It's scary.
I think we are going to go look tomorrow at some more, it is hard to find a time when we are both available.

No comments: