Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Waiting to go to work :(

Ahhhh... I hate these afternoon shifts.. Well, actually I have a love hate relationship with them. I love them, because I sleep better at night without having to worry about getting up on time in the morning, and get to sleep in if I feel like it, but I hate them because I always end up being bored and once it hits a certain time in the afternoon, I always find that I am just sitting around looking at the clock waiting for it to turn to 2:30 so that I can go to work. Another reason I like the afternoon shift is because I get paid a whole $0.55 more an hour. woo hoo... Hey money is money I guess.
I am very proud of us this week. We have managed to keep the apartment clean for almost a week now. It has been since last Friday. WOW.. that is a record for us. It is much easier to keep it clean as you go, than to have to spend your day off cleaning it.
I just heard from my mom that my Grandmother isn't doing so well. She is 91 and lives in a nursing home. She has Alzhiemer's, has for a long time... probably since she was in her late 70s. I can't really remember. She has done well with it so far, but in the past 5 years gone really down hill. She manages to keep holding on though.
I have a feeling when she goes, it will be from starving to death. She has trouble swallowing, and they say that with Alzhiemer's, your body just "forgets" how to function for life. Our family has decided not to take whats the word.. I can't think of it... extreme measures to sustain her life, No machines doing things for her etc. She wouldn't have ever wanted that.



I was hoping that she would hold on until I had my first child at least. I have always wanted my grandma to be a part of my children's lives. She was a very big part of my life, and I think that she is wonderful. We were hoping to start ttc sometime within the next 6 months. We have a known donor set up. He is an amazing person (very handsome too). Just got engaged to his partner last weekend. I don't know that whole story becasue they are away at a cottage and have no cell phone service up there. I can't wait to hear the whole story, I will cry you know. My boys. Making a life together. Very exciting.

Shall I post some pics of how small our place is? I guess, then it should be about time to get going to work. Keep in mind that the Living area of the place has been switched around. Couches on the opposite side of the room, tv as well. So mirror image it.


No comments: