Sunday, January 31, 2010

I rejoice in my Femaleness. I love being a woman. I love my body.

Do Affirmations really work? I have been looking for and finding many fertility affermations. "I love and trust my body". I have to admit that they do make sense. If not anything else they have shed some light on some of the negative thought patterns that I have been stuck in. "I now release my fears about time and age".
I feel as though I am having a similar cycle to the one that I did get pregnant. In the way that I really don't feel in control in any way this cycle. I'm not even sure when to expect ovulation. Generally I know exactly when to expect these things. My app on the I*phone is saying Tuesday but we'll see. I haven't really seen any fertile cervical mucous yet. I haven't even really seen much cervical mucous in general. The spotting seems to have stopped for the time being. It didn't last any longer than 36 hours.
I have my donor in my basement right now doing his thing, bless him, he's just worked two 15 hour days in a row and needs to study for a major exam, not to mention the -15c weather out there tonight and he's here doing this for Angela and I. That in itself reinforces the feelings that he is the right man for this job. We will skip tomorrow and resume on Tuesday because of our day off that day. It is difficult to time things when I am on afternoon shifts and Angela is on days. I can do it by myself if need be but i feel more confident having Angela perform the procedure.
"I now release all my fears and concerns about infertility and I declare myself fertile."

***edited to add...
We just performed the procedure. I feel we may have finally perfected technique. It seems that my cervix is slightly left so once the swimteam is in there, I need to lean onto my left hip to move the puddle of little guys to the opening of the cervix. At risk of sounding gross, much less came back out with the speculum.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

fingers crossed for you. you do have a great donor by the sounds of it and hopefully you will have a wonderful baby at the end of all this.