Thursday, August 28, 2008


Ok, So we had a really really good time at the cottage. First I will share the not so good events that occurred, to get them out of the way.
I got a message on Monday night that my very good friend Darla's father passed away suddenly on Saturday. That was not a good message, and of course I thought that Rae was playing a nasty really bad practical joke on me. Not the case. It was all true. I would have returned home to support Darla at the Funeral on Wednesday, but she told me not to.
Also... Once we returned home, we went to Angela's parents to pick up our dogs... Well Angela's mom sat her down and proceeded to tell her that she has cancer. Yep. She has had a very sore shoulder for almost 8 months now, and they have finally found that it is a tumor, and that she has Multiple Myeloma. So we will be praying that that all comes out ok, as it is a very treatable form of cancer as long as it is found in early stages.
Enough of the bad news though, on with the fun.
I don't really know what to say other than it was very relaxing and such a nice cottage.
We spent some time on the dock once we got there and the water and view were both beautiful. The water was so clear it was just striking. This is (left to right) me and Courtney and Melissa on the Dock unwinding after a long drive.
After we relaxed a bit, we headed out to the nearest large town to do a bit of grocery shopping and pick up our Liquor for the week. We knew there would be no way to avoid going back to the town, because every year we forget to pick something up and end up going back.
Once we returned, we spent some time unpacking etc. Courtney and Melissa went for a canoe ride, and Ang and I just sat and relaxed.
Oh, my description of the week will not do it justice though, It was so much nicer than I can make it sound.
Most of the vacation we took turns cooking and cleaning up, although Melissa liked cleaning up all the time (so she said) and none of us were about to stop her.
The second night we were there, Courtney got a call that her sister-in-law was in labour, so Courtney and Melissa went back to Hamilton to meet Courtney's very first Niece. (she is a beauty). And returned at 5:30 am. While they slept, Ang and I headed out to the main city to pick up those things we forgot. Once we returned, the girls were up and ready for another day of doing nothing.
We spent some time trying to fish, with no luck. Courtney used a minnow that she had caught off the dock and managed to catch a very small little fish out in the middle of the lake, but that was it for our fishing career. We kept trying all week though with no avail.
We did have a camp fire almost every night, but every time we attempted to relax around the fire, we kept coming down with a bad case of the WAPS. (wild animal paranoia syndrome) This could be mostly because the first evening we sat around the fire, a wild animal walked right past us.. I am talking within 3 feet of us. We couldn't really tell what it was because it was so dark, but we have come to the conclusion that it must have been a fox. It was too small to be a dog, and too big to be a rabbit (ANG!) but it was shaped like a dog sort of, but more slender and shorter. I didn't see it's colour, but Angela said she saw that it was red. So we are going to go with FOX. Courtney kindly brought up that it could have come so close to us because it was being chased by a bear, and this is what caused us to get the WAPS.
Needless to say each night after the bad case of the WAPS set in, it wasn't long before we were going into the cottage for the night.
We did spend some time playing Guitar Hero, I game I swore I would never play because I am not coordinated enough, but I did get rather good at it. Well good at it on the easiest setting, and even then the harder songs I wasn't great at. Oh well it was fun.
<--This is Ang trying out the Guitar. We also spent some time reading on the dock, and in the gazebo, eating our meals each night in the gazebo was nice too. I would definitely go back to that cottage. It was very family friendly. My friends and I aren't party animals so it really was a good cottage for us. I couldn't help but think about having kids and taking them up there for a week in the future. Speaking of having kids, I have begun peeing on my O sticks for the first time. I am very worried that I won't even get a positive. But I guess it is better to know so that I can see my physician and get it all straightened out sooner than later. Our KD agreement isn't complete yet. We have sent our amendments, and are waiting to see the new agreement. So, lets hope for an October start!

1 comment:

Teaberry said...

the last picture is my favorite-- just looking at that is relaxing...

I can't believe summer is almost over!